Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the awesome people of The Broke and the Bookish
This week actual Top 10 Tuesday is supposed to be Ten Websites I Love That Aren’t About Books, sadly there isn’t really a website I actually follow thanks to Pintrest I just create boards and visits a million different sites for whatever it is I want/need. SO I decided to again do a different post.
Pet Peeves- well when it comes to books, especially if you borrow my books then I’ve got a few, I think, reasonably pet peeves.
1. People who borrow my books and then RUIN MY BOOKS! Seriously? how dare you borrow something and dog-ear my pages, eat and drop food on my book, damage and let your kids or dog get a hold of my books so that when I get my book back I don’t know recognize what book I lent you in the first place! And yes this an actual photo of a book I owned…
2. Unfinished Series- What I mean by that is when a publisher doesn’t sign an author for a full series. I get it, but at the same time I’m like, “why????” There have been two series that I LOVE and contacted the authors asking when the next book comes out and they let me know that they weren’t signed on for the next book(s). WHAT?! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!?!?! Here are the two series I’m dying to get my hands on the next book but can’t due to contracts.
3. 1 Star rating with no review- I am all about giving an honest review. I appreciate negative reviews! I’m one that if I’m looking into reading a book I will read the negative reviews before I read a raving review. Or if I liked a book and someone didn’t, I appreciate a different perspective! So if you’re going to rate a book on Goodreads and you’re gonna give a book a low reading, give me a quick brief reason or two as to why you didn’t like the book! Seriously, look at this mess! sheesh!
4. Poorly Written Troupes- If you’re gonna write a love triangle or a friend who has always been in love with another friend and then moves on and that other friend finally realizes that they are in love with them and blah blah blah…well…MAKES SURE IT’S WRITTEN WELL!!! GEEZ!
5. Bad Romance Examples-Controlling, abusive actions excused as romantic behavior. Uh, nah-uh. No… bad. I hate that..
6. Changing of Covers- Recently the book lovers of a certain trilogy when ballistic when a final book was almost out and the publishers showed a new cover for the last book. WE HATE the change of a cover when the series isn’t complete. Because so many people freaked out, they decided to keep the original idea for the last book. Plus I don’t understand the need for a change when the other covers were GORGEOUS to begin with? Ex:
7. Stickers on the cover- Those “easy to remove” and “leave no residue” stickers. Lies I tell you! Lies, lies, lies!
8. Interruptions During Reading-
9. Too Much Physical Description- I don’t mind a mention of hair color or whatever but to explain every detail that leaves little or no room for imagination. LAMESAUCE!
10. Too Much Description- Nobody cares how the hotel room looks for three pages. Unless it’s a murder mystery and you need to know for evidence. Or unless you want me to fall asleep…
*so what are some of YOUR Bookish Pet Peeves?