I’ve been blogging for a few years and have even blogged on YouTube. It’s something I absolutely love doing regardless of how time-consuming it is. But let me list for 10 reasons why I continue to blog and what makes it something I love to do.
1. It motivates me to read- I try really hard not to miss a day of blogging and fill the days on the blog with reviews and books to look forward to and knowing I have a bit of a following motivates me to read and to continue to read. With three young kids, some could argue that they don’t have time to read, I MAKE time to read.
2. Keeps me up-to-date with books- Keeping a blog helps me know what books are coming out and what books to look forward to which also continues to help motivate me to read!
3. Connect with authors- Because of blogging, I’ve been able to connect and chat with some of my favorite authors! Sometimes I get a little fan giddy if they just “liked” one of my tweets, how cool is that! I feel seen, I love letting them know I appreciate their work! It’s just so cool!
4. Find Recommendations- The best way I have found to find good recommendations is through Goodreads and Instagram. I follow people who have similar tastes so when I’m in need or desire something particular, I just hop on those two sites and scroll till I find something that I hadn’t heard of before! It’s fantastic then I end up with piles of books I try to plow through.
5. Make new friends- I have made some AWESOME friends because of blogging. I am able to connect with other bloggers and readers! We chat, discuss and get to know one another through the love of reading and blogging! It’s the best!
6. Being asked for recommendations- I always feel so honored when someone I know or don’t know ask me for book recommendations. It means to me that they trust my judgment, that they like the same things, comfortable asking me, etc it just makes me feel good when people ask me for recommendations, you know? but they probably get a little overwhelmed when I swamp them with a ton of recs!
7. Getting Asked to Review- There is no better feeling than being asked by big time publishers to self-publishers if you will read a book and review it. It’s the best feeling in the world because it tells me that my opinion matters to them and even though it’s a gamble for them to pass along work to someone with an opinion, in hope that you will like their work, it’s just a great feeling.
8. Bookish goodies- if it weren’t blogging and getting involved in books I wouldn’t have known about all the amazing bookish swag and goodies that come for book nerds like us! I LOVE IT! I love blogging about it and showing pictures of all the cool nerdy stuff like fan art, mugs, pillows, shirts, etc it’s awesome! I never would’ve known about all the cool stuff out there if it weren’t for blogging and I love passing it on and I spend way to much money on it too!
9. Think- It motivates me to really think about the books I’m reading to analyze the book and think about the writing or what the author wants me to gain from their material. It’s interesting and fun to sit down and write out my thoughts and feelings on a book. It has made me a better judge of writing and what-not of books which is so cool!
10. Hobby- It’s the best type of hobby, it kind of “solidifies” this hobby. I get to share my obsession of books with others, it helps me connect with people outside who share the same type of passion. It’s the best type of hobby to have!