Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the awesome people of The Broke and the Bookish
There are some really sweet book related things that can make you or any bookworm happy. But here are 10 of my favorite bookish delight. These aren’t in any particular order so enjoy.
1. Notes and Signatures from Authors. I love when I’ve requested a book for review and I get the book with a note from the author. Seriously one of the best feelings when you get a note or even a signature from an author. That means they actually took the time to do that for you personally. *sigh* I just float on cloud 9 when that happens. I don’t have a lot, but the ones that I do have I absolutely treasure. This one, the author sent me along with the ARC an actual cover copy and she wrote a note to me on the inside of the “to-be” cover. That is in a special place right now.
2. Used Book Stores. Seriously, if you find a GOOD used book store, it’s like the best thing in the world. Why? because you can find amazing books in great conditions for way cheap! This photo ———> was taken in Idaho Falls, Idaho where this has to be the biggest used book store that I’ve seen. Every time I visit this city I HAVE to stop by and take whatever I can that will fit in my suit case. Just remember folks Book City in Idaho Falls, ID if you’re every passing through of have family or even visiting the state. Check out this awesome book store! Where I live in a state where there are like 2 stores and I go when I can but they aren’t the best. I go mostly to support in hopes they will get bigger and better! BOOM! Support your used book stores! 😀
3. Deckled Edges in Books. This some people like, some people don’t like. However me, I like it. It makes the book different and a little more unique a little bit….more, you know? It’s something a little more special and adds a little something more to the book even if I don’t like the book I still like it. Do you like them?
5. Bookish Mail. Nothing beats coming home to boxes of mail waiting for you on your doorstep. Books you’ve been waiting to get just because you ordered them, or you’ve been waiting years for the book and it’s finally here! Preordered books, books you’ve heard amazing things about and decided to invest, books you’ve already read and just have to own! BOOKS! WAITING FOR YOU, BEGGING TO BE OPENED! ok…I got a little carried away. No, but really any type of book mail from anywhere just makes me jump up and down and do a bookish crazy dance, right there on the curb of my street next to my mail box or I sit in wait for the carrier and wait till he drops my package off and then snatch it like a thief in the night…okay I am really getting carried away…moving on!
6. ARC (Advance Reader Copy). I cannot tell you the delight I get when I am able to receive an ARC that I’ve requested. Since I am not one of those lucky book bloggers who receive tons of mail from publishers so I have to request books from publisher to see if I qualify for an ARC, which is okay! I get it! there are TONS of bloggers of all kind hoping for an early copy of a book so when I am able to get an one then I get all giddy and excited then drop everything and take made selfies with the book or whatever to post on any and every social media that I’m connected to.
7. Finding New Bookish Friends. You know there are people out there that you just click with. Thank goodness because of all the social medias and what not you get to find all those long lost friends that help channel your inner-booknerd. It’s great and I love meeting new people who share your love of books.
8. Someone Loving a Book You Recommended. There nothing more gratifying than hearing that someone loved a book you recommended. Or someone who will read anything you recommend. It’s because of people like that, that makes me continue book blogging. I love it when people come to me for recommendations, I love it when people let me know when they’ve read a book purely because of my recommendation. *sigh* it’s the best feeling.
9. Finding Underrated Gems: I absolutely love that moment when you read a book that is so amazing but unheard of and unappreciated? I do, all the time! I love love love finding those hidden gems. So if you’re looking for a good book that is unheard of? Here are 2 posts of mine you might find enlightening! 10 Unheard of Books I Enjoyed & 10 Books I Haven’t Raved About in a While
10. Book Swag!
Book swag is just extra bookish stuff. For example (picture above), because I pre-ordered this AMAZING book I got an autographed bookmark, 3 cards of characters from the book and a fun little red fish fortune teller from the author! HOW COOL IS THAT?!
What are some of your bookish delights?