This survey originally came from another blogger, Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner who let me take her survey for myself! Enjoy!
I tried to not put down the same book multiple times but as you will soon see it was sometimes just too hard!
1. Best Book You Read In 2014? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2014 release vs. backlist)
Contemporary YA – Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic – The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
Historical Fiction – Prisoner of Night & Fog by Anne Blankman
Paranormal — Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Science Fiction — The Body Electric by Beth Revis
Fantasy — Lark Rising by Sandra Waugh
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2014?
White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout
4. Book you read in 2014 that you recommended to people most in 2014?
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
5. Best series you discovered in 2014?
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I didn’t really branch out to an unknown genre or book that I wasn’t comfortable with.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2014?
Trial by Fire by Jospephine Angelini
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
11. Most memorable character in 2014?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn it was so mysterious, and beautiful, the descriptions were amazing, the feelings I had while reading this book was epic.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2014?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this yeaer that was the shortest and longest.
Shortest– A Tree for Peter by Kate Seredy 102 pages
Longest -Cress by Marrissa Meyer 550 pages
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2014 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Romance – Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen
Friendship – Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor
Familial — On the Fence by Kasie West
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
20. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2014?
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2014?
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2014?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Book that made me sob the most: none made me sob or cry but I got misty-eyed with The Fault in our Stars by John Green
Other books that made me cry this year: Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor got me misty-eyed as well.
27. Book You Read in 2014 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2015?
I hope to get MORE books in, for the past few years I’ve barely met my goal of 100 books but I’d like to learn to read faster and do better at bookblogging maybe even get a new website! 😀